PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 11:03
Allocate_on_Arrival

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to something flying Bob said:

But you should see people here, only worried about themselves, some even adding the 28K to their total debt.
And herein lies the major problem. Back over a year ago when the pool was first filling itself, I was one of the lucky swimmers. As one of the first in, I personally had been waiting for 7 months, a couple of others had been there longer.

A job offer came along. The T & C's caused a good deal of umming and arring as it was a new form of contract. Don't get me wrong, nothing like this EasyJet deal, but still. I initially phoned back after a good few days of thinking (and not a lot else) to say 'no' and my reasons being is that I wanted an improvement in the contract - guaranteed minimum hours, base etc.

I was then given the names of 5 other colleagues literally hanging off the end of a phone-line to take my spot.

It's all very well trying to stand up to this and say "I don't accept these terms" but it's not going to work while there are hundreds of others willing to trample you down to cross the picket line.

There were several guys who turned down this EJ offer, but sure enough, the course still ran full yesterday and they won't be missed! It's a sorry state of affairs... but what can you do!

CTC know their audience and how desperate some of them are.