PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:54
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor kid crap doesn't cut it here Locarno. Neither does the "how dare you" attitude.
Ultimately most of you signed up for the easy option which you thought would get you in to the RHS of a jet without any real effort or experience. You didn't read the small print, nor have any regard for the fact you were signing up to a level of debt which would be unmanageable given an economic downturn, which lets face it was forecast and bound to happen. Think about it. £60,000 in debt from day one. CTC exists for one reason - to make money. They aren't doing it for poor kids to let them become successful as Locarno puts it. And I still maintain that CTC encouraged people to take up aviation as a career who wouldn't have been bothered before. I have seen it myself, guys who have said "I wouldn't be doing this if I was paying for it." Well guess what, you were. And if you all agree to this what do you think they will do to you next? Why not just bend over now?

As an aside a colleague of mine taught CTC guys PPL's in NZ a while back. He says they fell into two distinct categories. Decent blokes who wanted to do well and become good pilots, and arrogant sods who actually told the instructors that they would be flying jets in 2 years, what would they be doing?!!!!!

What did your contracts actually state? Could someone post the words here? If it stated your £60k paid for a CPL/IR and a type rating then you may as well all club together and get a lawyer. Out of curiosity did any of the whingers from CTC join Balpa as student members? If you did then I agree with them getting involved and trying to help you. If not then you're on your own.