PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:24
Stop Stop Stop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the BA Cabin Crew are misguided here in voting for strike action. It really is not the time to strike over anything- particularly when BA are in such dire financial straits. This might well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. What then? A once fine airline goes to the wall- it won't be bailed out by HMG- they can't do that- it is a private company. Michael O'Leary will be waiting in the wings. All these highly trained cabin crew who are paid more than double the going rate- £60K for a CSD I ask you! How strong these unions have been over the years to get £60K for a cabin crew member- at the end of the day they are just a number 1 in any other airline. If they go to work for Michael they will find life a bit different!

I suspect that Virgin are rubbing their hands at the prospect of this strike and will be pulling their parked-up Jumbos out of the desert as we speak! Time the BA hosties wake up to the fact that they are paid extremely well- incidentally they would continue to be paid extremely well- that was never in dispute- WW was not going to cut their terms and conditions except for maybe making them work a bit harder! In my airline we now operate many flights with the minimum legal cabin crew, with the service adjusted to suit- it works amazingly- and keeps the costs down!

If these Cabin Crew bring the company down- not an unreasonable scenario- they will only have themselves to blame.