PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 09:31
Big Bad D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My preference for many years has always been to fly BA whenever possible, and that's my personal money - not company travel, since I have almost always felt well treated and enjoyed their service - and a significant part of this has been down to the enthusiasm and standard of the BA cabin crew.

But this strike decision has very quickly and definitively changed my view and where my money will be going for travel plans for the future.

The union and those that have voted to strike have contempt and disregard for the fare paying customers and ignorance of the level of consequential customer reaction that this will trigger. Family and friends who have flights booked (since many months) over Christmas are now stuck and facing hard and costly decisions to make alternative arrangements. Thanks, BA cabin crew!

Although I would sympathise about eroding of terms and conditions, it doesn't take a genius to look at other airlines and industries, not just aviation or service sector, and to see how they are similarly being impacted by this worldwide situation. You may not like what Willie Walsh has done, but do you seriously believe anyone else would have acted any differently to try to keep BA as a viable business?

To those concerned, I hope you enjoy your strike reflecting your union's suicide tactics and the inevitability that your redundancy is now fast approaching. To those cabin crew that have not voted to strike, but now face an even harder future, you have my sympathy.