PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Pilot Jailed
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 00:07
captaintunedog777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ithinkso

Do you actually fly for an airline. No i'm not talking virtual airlines here son. But your comments with refernce to autoland make absolutely no sense and as a seasoned preofessional you portray yourself to be I am a little confused here. I would have thought any Captain or FO should be aware that airlines encourage maximum use of autopilot which unfortunately doesn't help with your hand flying kills.

Cat 2 app's should be autolanded. OK the landing may not always be as smooth as yours and yes they do have limitations. EG the A330 has 35 head, 20 x and 10 tailwind and I have been told they can take significantly more component but that is how Airbus limited the autolands. For you to state a hand flown ILS with a manual landing is safer is rediculous and in Cat 3 well that is simply not allowed. In fact from below 1000 feet if you get certain bells and whistles a MAP must be initiated. The a/c does a better job than you and it frees up brain space that is why A/P use is mandated for Cat 2 AND Cat 3.

From they way you post I better be careful of not to question you or I'll lose my front teeth!