PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 22:10
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's not a great deal to advertise at MME at present so it would not be cost effective to use the Press. As for Easyjet, there are two chances of them using MME, fat and no.
The way forward is through the standard charter companies.The problem with them is the lack of choice of destinations and hotels when you get there and the swingeing extra cost to fly from MME. £60 per person on most flights last year. If you are taking your family on holiday it adds up to a huge extra cost which is not justified by the airlines costs. I don't know what the yields are on the TOM ,ALC, flights are at the moment but all the seats were full on the last one I went on.Every bucket and spade flight I have travelled on in the last 10 years out of Teessside has been full but I see that the averages are only between 85% and 90% full according to official figures.Perhaps I have been travelling at the wrong/right times.
The ogre barperson lacking in social skills still works in the bar so nobody has picked up on who it is yet. Security was OK at last but there wasn't any pressure on the when I travelled last week.