Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 20:22
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November Passenger Figures

Hello Pete,

Atms were down 7.3% which is pretty much the reason.

easyJet have cut some routes from last winter such as Lisbon, Valenicia and Venice (this one did run as advertised for the first two weeks of the month but has now gone) and reduced frequencies on most others, even from last winter, with up to eight aircraft parked up at certain times of some days.

As you suggest, Ryanair's extra two aircraft from last winter are not all used all of the time.

Summer 2010

I posted a week or two ago that Ryanair's timetable for next summer showed there was a requirement for seven based aircraft at BRS on some days of each week and that the booking engine was offering bookings on that timetable.

I had a look this evening and discovered that five routes previously advertised (Pau, Perpignan, Toulon, Montpellier and Cagliari) have now gone from the web timetable when it is interrogated and are no longer available in the booking engine even though they still appear in the drop-down list in both.

Very unfortunate for anyone who booked flights to those places if they really have been axed.

The timetable for next summer still needs amendment if five based aircraft are to suffice.

A check of easyJet's schedule for summer 2010 suggests a reduction from the twelve based aircraft seen in the peak summer seasons of 2008 and 2009 to ten in peak summer 2010 and that includes the new based A 320.

Western Walkway

Many thanks for that link, WATABENCH - interesting pictures. I saw it from afar recently as I passed along the A38.

The blurb on the airport website says it will be 450 metres long. How soon before somebody moans that they ought to be taken a distance like that by bus?