PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 20:05
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Tomkins has already said, please remember that there are a lot of crew out there that have not voted for a strike and will be doing their utmost to keep as many services running as possible over the christmas period. I'm working tomorrow and frankly, I'm now dreading it. I know I will be getting abuse from certain areas of the general public, just for wearing the uniform. It happened last time there was a threatened strike and I suspect this time, will be much worse. Please, if any of you are flying in the next couple weeks, do not tar us all with the same brush and if you do get the urge to tell us your version of some "home truths", stop and think first.

As for those that are seemingly gleeful about the possible fall of our airline, you are no better than those that have voted to strike. What about all of us, in all departments, that have worked our socks off to try to make things work? Should we have to lose our jobs too? You are despicable!

I can't believe I'm sitting here, watching all of this all happen again. I just want to cry, but I'm damned if I'll give Unite/BASSA the satisfaction!

Jsl