PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 17:17
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advertising

I have noticed a pick up on advertising on the DTV website but apart from enthusiasts who reads that regularly?

I am really surprised the Evening Gazette/Darlington & Stockton Times etc have not been sought by DTVA as a major vehicule for advertising. I think this would be far more effective/cheaper for DTVA and Peel than TV/Radio.

As for development, are we to presume the announcement of new routes has ended with JER?

There's talk on the DSA thread of an easyjet A319 base at MME in the same vein as they are getting, using LPL crew and equipment. Sadly, I think this is a non-starter given the close proximity to NCL and the EZY base there.

I still, however, think there could be opportunity for TOM to add a few W patterns out of MME for Summer 2010. Although they pulled out with the onset of WW/GSM, a little like T3, TOM seem never to fully give up on MME with their ALC, PMI and Ski/Lapland/Cruise charters. Surely, they could fill a 1 x weekly B737 or even B757 to AGP, FAO, REU, TFS to complement their summer PMI service.