PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 16:27
BusDriverLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They deserve whatever willie has in store.

Unfortunately I'm not at all surprised by either the % YES vote or the reaction by BASSA.
I'm sick to the teeth of seeing this company ruled by a bunch of prehistoric CC industrial limitations that cripple us whenever there's the slightest hint of disruption.
Even when things are running smoothly we are forced to compete at a disadvantage as we paying more crew a lot more money than any of our competitors.
It's about time the CC were brought back to reality. This was never going to be particularly pleasant, however it could have been a lot less painful than anything Willie has in store for them now. There has been a lack of willingness on BASSAs part to acknowledge the fact that as a group, they are massively overpaid and underworked, and the fact that the this needs to change for the company to have a viable future. They have been completely unwilling to enter meaningful negotiations with the management (contrary to anything that UNITE idiot Len McCluskey has to say).
The result is what we have now.

Any sympathy I had for the CC has vanished - everyone who pays their £18/month gives BASSA their power and they are all responsible for the actions of their union. I hope Willie now brings their Ts&Cs to market rate + 10% (i.e. decimates them for a lot of crew) and, ideally anyone who strikes should lose their job. God knows there are thousands of qualified, willing and capable people out there who would jump at the chance of a 'New Fleet' contract.

Can he do it? - I don't know, but I am hopeful, I certainly have a lot more confidence in WW than I do in BASSA. Fingers crossed I still have job in 2010.