PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 16:01
StygerTim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some thoughts, from a long-suffering shareholder, a regular SLF and an ex-BA fan.

1. Years ago, if the magic words ‘British Airways’ featured on your cv, and you applied for a cabin job with another airline, you went straight to the top of the list for recruitment.

2. Now, if you have the magic words ‘British Airways’ on your cv, you go right to the bottom of the list. After today, you probably won’t even make the list – and that same brush probably tars all BA cabin employees, not just the Heathrow Airways crowd.

Shame. And then . . .

3. Year ago, when I told people I had bought a stack of BA shares, I was proud of my investment. Quality company, quality staff, quality service.

4. Today, having suffered years of no dividends and a similar fate if BA has any future, when I tell them I own BA shares, they laugh at my misfortune, and my stupidity . They’re right. Today, BA cabin staff have proved they don’t give a Christmas fig about their shareholders.

So, to the Cabin Crew. Let’s see what happens when we SLF vote long-term with our feet, BA has to dispense with your services, and you’re out on that tough job market in competition with your work-hungry colleagues from RYA, EZJ, Globespan and the rest.

To Unite. Let’s see what happens when all those BA CC can’t afford to pay your subs any longer.

And to WW. I don’t like your style, but you’ve done what it said on your tin when the Board bought you. You’ve told the truth, you’ve got tough, and you’ve hit back at one of the most ‘turkey votes for Christmas’ moments in the history of the airline business.

Turkeys ? Even those flightless birds would have seen what’s coming . . .