PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero hours to airline pilot - my story.
Old 14th Dec 2009, 13:28
Todders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great piece of writing and in some years time i shall be looking out for the book..

Congrats on the story so far and i hope it runs smoothly henceforth.

It's always nice to look back and remember how you got to where you are and to put life as it is in perspective. Helps on the bad days as much as the good ones. The elation of that call is one no one will ever forget and the though of it with out a doubt will bring tears to your eyes for many years to come.

It is nice to share here and on the line these things that we as pilots have been through and it is always surprising to find out how similar the emotional roller-coaster is for many of us.

The first job has to be the key and the best feeling but you are still very much on the roller-coaster. One year in my first company folded in a media storm and i can guarantee you that was one of the worst experiences of my life no job no pay loan repayments, mortgage, and all the other expenses of life. We in this industry are on a journey and that is what you have to remember there will be hard times and there will be good times i just hope your good times will be in greater number than your hard times...

And for those reading that are yet to experience the good times i wish you all the best of luck and hope the new year will be the best of your life.

PS one year on from my company going down i've been flying for a new company for 6 months and smiling as much as i can.