PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda pilot's conviction overturned
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2009, 01:36
ecureilx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the thread drift ..

ampclamp Are you from DownUnder ?

Well, for the West (and the Down Under) drugs are "OK", but for Asians, that is as bad as murder ..

I know there are a few expat guys in Indonesia's Death row, for drug trafficking, and it is unfair to single out Indonesia, for that subject.

I am not condoning the pilots action, but, calling drug usage or trafficking as 'minor' is not fair. In a skewed up anology, would you be happy to fly if the pilot had a 'bit' of drugs before his flight ??

And, when you are in a foreign land, you must respect the rule of that land, and if you consider it is norm back home, and you want it to be norm in another country - no comments ...

BTW, talking of Asian laws, in Singapore, touching a woman without her permission leads to painful caning in the buttocks .. In West, you walk off with a warning or a week in the holding pan, at the worst ..

Back to the thread: I was told there was a lot of mudslinging going on, and to keep the pilot quite, he was declared as not guilty .. Maybe he can fly the hordes of 'feeder' liners .. and lately there is a massive expansion of rural operators ..