PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 22:47
Amcapt89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I am again...

I did a small search on UK ANO and I found out intresting bits and pieces... I don't really want to go OFF-topic and I'll keep it short.

Anyway... It was all about the 2 L-188A Electras based at CVT, and we were asking ourselves if they can take off from an unlicensed aerodrome like Coventry.

12Watt Tim pointed out that according to ANO 126 they can take off as a Private Flight. But the real question is... Can they be a private flight?

For what I've understood from UK ANO, no they can't.

Have a look at art 160 (3) (d) UK ANO section 1 part 13, where you'll find the definition of Private Flight.

Moreover art (1) UK ANO Section 2 Schedule 8 FCL, defines the privileges of aerial operations under a PPL.

Brief explenation: a Private Flight is defined as a non-revenue flight, where the PIC does not act for remuneration. And we all know that Atlantic Airlines employs pilots that are paid to fly the a/c. Therefore they cannot operate under a PPL and therefore the flight cannot be elected as private.

160 (3) (d) states that the PIC of a Private Flight cannot be employed as a pilot by the operator of the aircraft which is being flown.

For those reasons I understand that the two Electras cannot take-off under the privileges of a Private License, therefore they'll be considered a/c engaged in pubblic transport or aerial work, and therefore they can't take-off from an unlicensed AD.

Although I might be wrong!

Cheers.

PS: I don't want to be right at any cost and I'm not sure I am right anyway, if you see what I mean... I'm just really intrested in the chat as I work quite close to Aviation Law environment... And I'm quite sure that we might find a lot of regulations here...!

amcapt89