PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Swissport Redundancies??
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 21:49
JamesKirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Third BHX H/A

Whilst we bow down to number1delta's membership of the "circle of trust" regarding matters at BHX, i must beg to differ regarding the inclusion of Storm Aviation into the hat of potential 3rd H/A's, whilst i personally believe that there is not enough work at BHX to warrent a 3rd H/A and that the management of BIA realise that, the fact that they have a number of underpier offices still empty as well as the potential of losing other rental revenue with the avisair merger may however result in a position being offered at BHX.
Storm however are Engineering & Pilot support services only and that is a long way off being a recognised H/A admittedly ND is now Chief Exec & has links with Aviapartner in Belgium (but of course you knew that did'nt you No1D) its a long way from starting a fully operational H/A at a major airport. maybe if Storm start at a smaller airport just as Gate did then in years they may have the chance to run with the "big boys" but i think thats a long way off yet.
As I said before I see it being just Swissport & Avisair for the next year with S/Port being the main winners of contracts for those airline (& i can think of at least 3) who dont want any S/air involvement in thier Operation.
But then again i am not in a priviliged position like Mr No1D