PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 21:20
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colegate, well done on an excellent posting. I can concur that I have never had a delayed Ryanair (well one substantial one and that wasnt their fault at all-sick passenger on board on arrival).

The plane is always modern and quite new, it always has left on time, I have flown to all over Europe on Ryanair some flights at 1p each way. I remember the day they that Ryanair first took off I was very young. Being an Irishman, I have an immense sense of pride about Ryanair. I was flying into Alicante late one Friday night in September and there was a line of Shiny new 738s at the terminal, it was an amazing site. What was even more impressive was that these aircraft had arrived from all over Europe not just from its country or Origin or the UK! Long may their growth continue and to hell with the begrudgers!!

On the subject of Boeing and Ryanair being at odds, I would like to see Ryanair looking at a second type eg C Series and this would allow them to serve routes that are either marginal or too thin for 738, (or routes who would be attractive to airlines like BE at multi daily frequencies).

There are a host of destinations/routes that Ryanair probably wont do with a 738. Boeing ok have been good to Ryanair but for me this is Ryanair's signal to look to a smaller type and then wait and see what opportunities arise later in the next decade!!!

EI-BUD