PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A119 versus Eurocopter AS350B3
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 20:37
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sergio,

thanx a LOT for your details!

I will contact the suggested companies for their experience!

Now I DON'T agree with your assessment of

" ....why when somebody try to explain me how to flying external, I suggest to come here for a short holiday..."

I have the same problem with a guy in our company - with about your total time and long line experience!
I take it from old timers that this attitude will bite you someday!
Using the gong as a limit is NOT the way to go, nor pulling over torques all day!
If you hear the gong or you pull over limit you are OVER THE LIMIT!!

You are not supposed to go there!

I know competition is all about winnig the next contract, but going constantly OVER LIMIT is NOT the way to go! ASK THE OLD TIMERS!
(You do not want to catch the cat in a helicopter that was constantly abused by someone else, do you?)

From my own career I can atest that your level of total time is one of the most dangerous ones in a helo career - basically there is NO one who can teach you something new, one is the king of skies and who are you to teach me something new?
Been there, done that - NOT pround of it, ....but not afraid to tell either.

My colleague is doing the gong over limit thing constantly - it happens to me about once every 3 month. We still do the same job ......

Also, thinking that the Artouste/Astazou engine family are better than the Arriel - coming from a mechanic??
A little like comparing a '28 Ford-T engine to 2004 modular V-8 ......

Did you ever stall a Artouste at altitude?? Friend of mine did and it is scarry!!

One way to deal with the high cycle count on the Arriel is to take it easy on the collective. Everytime you smack it to the bottom the cycle count goes through the roof - take it slow(collective) and smooth and your count will come down.

Cowboy stuff is costing cycles!

Sooooo, I take it, that there is no way to fly a helmet in the Koala then....
Bad point.

Well, .... keep it coming!

3top,