PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 17:28
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am hearing rumblings about easyJet (note spelling!) wanting new start CTC cadets to pay for their type rating!! Is this true?!!?!
Yep. Easy have apparently informed CTC that they are no longer willing to subsidise the cost of the TR and base training. There are a few cadets who have been offered flexi-crew contracts for the next summer under one small condition. They each have to stump up £28,000 for an A320 rating. On top of the 60K they have already paid.

Easyjet are completely screwing the latest batch of cadets and not suprisingly CTC are standing by and watching. So the goalposts have been moved massively.

If you are a cadet on the CTC scheme you all need to be getting in touch with CTC to find out exactly what the plans are. I'm afraid the levels of exploitation are reaching new levels. I know this because I had one of the cadets affected by the new developments on the jumpseat a few days ago. I've emailed the ezy Balpa CC so they are aware, what they can do to limit the situation I really don't know.

WBV, One Post long time no see, hope you boys are well.