PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:13
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to recall that you are in RYR for 3 years, i looked at your post history. Can i ask why did you pay for a type raing 3 years ago when the job market was at its peak?Was it the only job you could get at the time? Did you sign up to a BRK contract with the jobs market at its peak?if so why?Just curious

To answer your question, do i think you should apologise? It really depends on the terms you are on and how you feel about degrading terms for others. if you got a job three years ago with the market at its peak and found yourself paying for a TR, signing up to a BRK contract with the hopeless terms they offer then i think you have contributed to these crap terms we are faced with today. Again i dont really know enough about your personal circumstances to say whether or not you should apologise. Its really not for me to say. Other than i didnt ever sigh up to such a deal.

As for me knowing diddly squat about ryr and its recruitment let see. I know there is a MCC course in dublin where you pay way over and above the going rate to be placed on the top of the pile cv wise for ryr.
I also know that ryr charge for the sim check and interview about £300 i believe.Imagine that, they rate your skills that highly they want you to pay to be tested! I know the interview involves a few tech questions, then a bit of the hr stuff, then you are asked to specify your 3 base preferences. You then get a call if successfull saying pay the 33k and you do your course in east mids or amsterdam through cae.
On completion of line training you are offered 3 bases and you accept one,you may not be given very long to decide where you end up based. it can be a case of base offer friday morn, decide by lunch time and start there monday. Live the dream!
Pay rates 20 euro till safety pilot is gone, 35 till 750, then 75 euro thereafter approx.
BRK contract offers no sick pay,lol,pension,holiday pay, pay for your own lpc/opc, no crewfood, but free water yeehaaa! You are clearly a valued member of the team!
You have to set up a company with 3 other ryr pilots,you are only given a list with 3 accountant to choose from.....i wonder why!!?
One of these accountants charges 500 euro to setup the company then 3% of your gross salary per annum there after.

To get back to the recruitment process though you PAY for the assessment and PAY for your job so where is the risk for ryr. If you fail the TR who cares the next candidate can fill you seat at no cost to ryr. So where is the incentive for ryr to be stringent during the recruitment day. Infact i would imagine they make a tidy sum on the TR so devils advocate would say the more that gets through the more money they make! Let face it....its not quite the BA or even the EZY selection process!!

I will let you in on a secret, i did both within the last three years and they didnt charge me for the selection day or tell me to pay for my TR or ask me to setup my on company if i was successfull!

As for the comment i don't work for RYR, your dead right i don't and please god i hope i never will have to.No offence but if the only offer on the table was a BRK contract at RYR i think i rather pack it all in. And i mean that. While we are on the subject though technically neither does anyone on a BRK contract work for ryr, they work for BRK!!So by your logic even BRK contractors who fly ryr aircraft know nothing about ryr then!!

Last edited by blackred1443; 13th Dec 2009 at 16:24.