PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - free pcmatic scan from PC World. Would you trust it in?
Old 13th Dec 2009, 15:54
SyllogismCheck

Hmmmyeah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why oh why do people insist on installing rubbish which they don't even know the use of let alone have a need for?

It's very simple. The less junk you install, the better and faster your PC will function. You'll also avoid the inevitable downfall of the click-happy downloader which is eventually installing something properly nasty which will utterly mess things up.

I'm by no means a careful internet user, I simply don't download anything unless I know I need or want it and can trust it. The result is two laptops which boot and run as fast as the day they were new after 4 and 6 years of daily use in which time neither has had a reinstallation of the OS. Simple!

In fact, in that time the only single issue I've ever had was that a Skype update suddenly started to freeze my HP laptop when a call was initiated. Simply updating the soundcard driver fixed that.

It often seems that many PC users spend longer working for their computer, involved in their efforts to solve issues, than it that it does working for them as a functioning and useful tool.