PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Companies in Doha
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 15:43
act700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15SQN,

didn't mean to "attack" you personally, rather venting frustration with the way this bus has deteriorated over the years.

You're not the first, and far from last, to be in the position you're in. Can I give you advice? I wish I could tell you a fix all way out, but I don't think I have that answer.
All I can tell you is to hang in there, and rough out this downturn. Once things start moving, especially at the top, then you'll see opportunities for yourself as well.

Why don't you get your instructor ticket? Apparently it is not too difficult to get here (JAR land) as compared to the land to the west.
Besides making a couple of bucks while you wait for those infamous "things" to start moving again, you'll get a few hours too.
More than anything, you'll get invaluable experience. Experience which all these kids going from flight school to the right seat of an airliner never got, and never will acquire!
Of course if you can get a MEP instructor rating, you'd get some of that precious multi engine time.

Your idea of networking is a very good one. It will no doubt help you down the road.
I don't know how it is over here, but when I was instructing and getting around with students, I ran into people at different airports, who later turned out to have leads, or could otherwise be helpful. It definitely lead to a few job interviews, as informal as they were.

So hang in there, don't get too bummed out. Like always, there'll be another upturn soon, I think/hope.