PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Qantas dilemma: still your national carrier?
Old 13th Dec 2009, 11:23
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish, we all wish cabin crew were as in the seventies, but then you have to consider the difference. Firstly, the cabin crew were offered a job for life if they so wished. Secondly, the word contract had never been heard of. Thirdly, cabin crew were mainly selected on their ability and often came from the ranks of trained nursing sisters, or school teachers, etc, thirdly, they did not come from the me, me, me, generation, they came from anything but, so how can one expect the same service, the same respect, the same behaviour? They are from another generation, with different views of the world, be it right or wrong in our eyes. In the last couple of years that I have flown the Rat, I have come across some great C/C, I have also come across some shockers, who should be shown the door, but that also applies to my bank, my wife's treatment in hospital, even going to the local Westfield, where it is impossible to get anyone to help you, (anyone over sixty is invisible) so it is simply the way of the world like it or not, the airlines are no different to any other institution offering some sort of service??!!