PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - john frohnsdorff elected BALPA General Secretary
Old 24th Jun 2002, 21:33
Fuzzy112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That is why we pay 1% and have a structural organisation, including HQ, in the first place, so we don't stumble around BALPA as an aimless group of 10,000 individuals."

The trouble is that you and others like you expect FAR too much for your 1%. Many people expect to part with 1% of their salary and then do nothing. What is being said is that you get back what you put in and that is fair - would you be willing to INCREASE your contribution level to 2% ? What effect do you think that would have on the membership level.

I for one was surprised to find out that John F expects it to take 2 months to get a new BALPA GS in place. This is a ridiculous amount of time. I only hope my employer does not decide to take advantage - if I were him I certainly would. From the letter I got today from BALPA HQ it is clear to me that John F supports change for the sake of it and not just because it is needed.

Martin A is absolutely correct - we need to make sure that our expectations are not completely out of synch with the industry. Most of all, you get out of BALPA what you put in.

Think about it and stop talking complete bull****