PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR Cover Increasing? Safety over money for a change!
Old 13th Dec 2009, 10:37
scottishbeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medtxfrs?

Get into your DASA stats lads - GANNET does indeed do a fair chunk of med txfrs, it comes from being close to the Scottish Retrieval Service (Doc's who go out to stabilise and bring back patients from the outlying hospitals) based out of the Bond huts at the SECC in Glasgow. However, Vec's statement that "most" of GANNET' jobs are txfrs is utter sh*te.

Most jobs are pukka rescues, mainly in the mountains, often at night. For eg, last Saturday the boys did 3 jobs - at The Cobbler (day), Glen Coe and Glen Pean (20nm N Fort Bill) (both night). The outfit didn't get 3 AFC's, a QGM and 2 QCBA's this year for doing med txfrs.

It's certainly not a competition, but since the issue has been raised - GANNET does the most rescues/medrescues of any SAR unit - period, just ask your friendly DASA stat man to show the facts to you, and see how they compare with our friends and neighbours in the yellow cabs. We prefer quality to quantity but I'm afraid the PR folks sometimes launch the story to get a few headlines regardless. I'm sure Dave Webster would agree.

Facts Vec, facts. Give 'em a try next time you post - I might take you seriously.

Oh, and the "Bootneck" is a Chief Petty Officer Aircrewman - same rank as a Flt Sgt. Good spot on the beard, by all but our resident SAR "expert" Vec.

SB