PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Townsville Refueller Correct! REX Wins
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2009, 08:54
Curved Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where the Company goes from here with crewing issues is anybody's guess really.

However on reading the LOA "TSV REGIONAL EXPRESS START/TRIAL AGREEMENT" again a few times I would hazard a guess that this base is now well and truly deemed to be a permanent Rex base. And I'm of the understanding that the Company definitely wants to keep it as a Rex base and not the Pelair brand.

Side note for your info: very easy for Pelair to apply to CASA, Bankstown Office not Canberra, to have passenger RPT on the SAAB put onto their AOC, they just need to walk in the door with copy and paste from the Rex model and CASA will tick the boxes.

So one would imagine that TSV will be opened officially as a base and as such the LOA will cease "upon commissioning of a permanent TSV base, permanent positions will be advertised and awarded to Rex pilots based on seniority at that time............". The secondment clauses thereafter only apply to relief start up command positions

This is all good and well but from where are these upgradeable FO's coming from ...... I guess if you are an FO at Rex at the moment unless you are prepared to take a TSV base then you sit in the RHS