PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 12th Dec 2009, 22:46
Ned-Air2Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob,

Never said I fly helicopters for a living and never promoted myself as such so thats not even something I need to defend. I got my PPL many years ago and let it lapse because I was busy on my magazines so I do have a slight idea about how helicopters operate and being around and in them allows me to learn more than the average person would. Congrats on your 11,000 hours flight time, what do you want, a medal or a chest to pin it on. I know people with many more hours than that, but so what.

And never said I was an authority on the V22, MV22 or CV22, check all my posts and you will find that I have never said I knew more than anyone else on the subject. I have however sat down and interviewed many of those who have flown it, both in the United States and outside the United States, and yes the CV22 has been outside of the USA already.

What amazes me is I never said I was an expert in any of the fields that you just attacked me on but you seem to have read it somehow into the post, but hey again each to his own. But hey if it makes you feel better bashing me and also McPave on his qualifications etc then feel free to go for it.

All I am saying is do some research on the facts before making comments such as there wouldnt be any USAF in combat zones because there are no golf courses there. For christs sake the USAF has CSAR and Special Ops helos operating in all the major theatres so why do those men and women a disservice by making comments like that.

Anyway you do what you want, and you will. Good luck on your V22 vendetta. Do I think its the be all and end all of the helo/fixed wing community, nope I dont, but I dont get out here and bash the crap out of it every post. There are plenty of others that will do that. I just appreciate the technology it does bring to the warfighter.

Enjoy your day.

Ned (55hrs of helo time and proud of it.)