PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 12th Dec 2009, 22:18
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
First of all, Squeaks, Ned, and Lt. Fubar, I don't give a *** how many bazillions of hours the mighty mcpave has in the R-22 or V-22. Got that? It's not important or relevant.

What I see is the physical deficiency of the machine: those two widely-spaced, side-by-side rotors. Good targets, eh?

As Fubar says, anything that has to stop before it can land is vulnerable. Yes, even a Chinook can be brought down by hostile fire, no doubt about that and I'm not even saying it isn't possible.

What I'm saying is that the V-22 is *more* vulnerable because of its configuration...I contend even more vulnerable than a Chinook! Take out one of those proprotors and even the best pilot in the Air Force...even the God-like mcpave himself!...isn't going to be able to save it.

mcpave hints and alludes to certain "tactics, techniques and procedures." We can assume by that mysterious statement that the USAF will ensure that *all* threats will be neutralized before the Osprey comes in to safely deliver its payload.

Let's hope the bad guys go by that plan and don't figure out a way to get around it.

Oh, but they'd never do that. Right, SAS?

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 13th Dec 2009 at 05:18. Reason: Remove swearing