PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A military must-see...
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 20:09
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pleased to be able to agree with vecvechookattack, on this occasion. Gen Dannatt has most certainly never been a Civil Servant. He has always behaved and spoken as a professional soldier. Please do not read that as a compliment. Arguably, he has recently become a politician. I think Paddy A made a valid point about him doing the Military a diservice but only in the way that he allowed it to happen. Apart from those criticisms, for what they are, the debate was the richer for his contribution.

Yer girl Yacoub made some valid points and posed some clever questions but I have deep concerns over her true motives. I felt similar about that odious twonk Morgan. Sound the part then capture the audience. I thought Paddy A was, as ever, forthright and believable. What a pity he's of that political persuasion.

What can one say about Rammell? He made the Party faithful noises while half accepting that he may have learned something?

Anyway, Wooton B was a bad choice of venue. I also wish, while sympathising with her personal views, that the Navy wife could have remained silent.