PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 18:06
flipflopman RB199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurn,

Whilst I admire your loyalty and desire to keep an open mind on the subject, having spent much time 'behind the scenes' and in regular contact with those directly involved with the situations you allude to, obviously I have a much different viewpoint from yourself.

I certainly cannot tell you exactly why the work was not done, and am at a loss to explain that myself, but I certainly can tell you that it was not due to any manpower issues, any access issues or anything else. I can also state this based upon first hand knowledge, and not upon information released in TVOC press statements. I also know that throughout the year, the need to sort out a trip to 603 to carry out the work was mentioned several times and put off several times, however, you're quite correct, I cannot tell you exactly why the work was not done.

Without wishing to resort to cliches, as I remember, the saying goes "Never assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME" - Regardless of placations, the job of management is to ensure that things run correctly and smoothly, and to assume that the CAA would simply grant an extension, regardless of what they were supposedly led to believe (which in itself is laughable), without having any form of written and solid confirmation displays at best naïvety in the extreme, but in reality, displays the level of arrogance and ineptitude shown by the current management who despite having had no previous experience in aircraft operations, insist upon attempting to control all aspects of XH558's flight ops, to the point of alienating those who have spent their entire careers in that department.

Anyhow, I digress. Paradoxically, I really do not wish to become involved in a drawn out TVOC bashing argument on here. My main reason for posting, was to add a little balance to Airsound's select and biassed snippets from the interview with the CAA's Padhraic Kelleher. I have a great respect and affection for many who are currently working hard to 'do their bit' for 558, via stalls on Lincoln Christmas Market or other means, and I have no wish to disrespect these efforts, so shall draw a line here, suffice to say that I feel that TVOC's current management are not only failing to make best use of the donations, but are also perhaps discouraging others, myself included, from donating further.

Flipflopman