PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A119 versus Eurocopter AS350B3
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 15:09
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi guys,

thanx for your replies!

Jim: I know about that one and it definitely is a great discussion piece!
Though going by the MCP/MGW ratio (both are the same .....) The 119 could be able to pull this one off too.

At the end it was a publicity stunt with not much real world value.
(Delsalle was given a lot of lee-way on NG, so this definitely will reflect on the TBO for this particular engine)

There is no more chances to beat this record for any helicopter/manufacturer so I assume the others don't even bother.

Sergio:

I am 45, Austrian (but never flew in Europe ....), 11700 hrs

Are you still flying the Koala?

What is the difference in maintenance/checks/inspections for the 119 versus the B3 in a seasonal view?
Is there a lot of down time for inspections?
E.g. I am flying in a company that has a contract with a mining operation.
We rotate our B3s every 100 hrs with a factory trained certified mechanic (engineer?) on site + helpers. My mech does all the pre-flight checks, so I really only do a 5-min walk-around before every flight.
(Of course you have to know your men to trust them)
We basically have one B3 to rotate with another two on site.
Though if need be, a 100 hrs inspection can be done overnight.

Is that possible with the 119?

I know that there is still trouble with EC and customer service.
How is Agusta with that? Parts in stock?

I only sat in a 119 and for my size I just about fits (right pilot seat)
Passenger seating is a joke! (did you ever try to fit the feet of six passengers in there??)

When you talk about bubbles and helmets I assume you refer to the B3?

I fly the floor window and mirrors, but you are right, with a helmet you are quite a limited!

(By chance, do you know if it is possible to work the B3 with a helmet [B][I]and[B][I] a bubble window? E.g.: To be able to fly the floor window with a helmet and closed door one needs the bubble, but I don't know if this works with the helmet....

Where I fly we always fly doors off for long line ....

How is this working in the Koala? Bubble/Helmet?

Do you know any companies that use/used the 119 for drill rig moves, powerline tower construction, ski-lift construction, concrete work, etc...

I don't worry too much about the downwash. If it is trouble for the ground crew I use a longer line .....

What's wrong with the K-Max?? Ugly as hell, but as a longliner you should be in love with it!!

Obviously you didn't get much time in Robinsons.
If you had, you would have a different opinion of them (I did long line, training-full touch down autos to land and water, filming[action!], tuna boat landings, medevacs, toe-in exit/boarding, single skid exit/boarding, hover exit/boarding, .... and a few things more, name it I did it!).
You can not really compare Robinsons, as in their class there is no competition!

However, once you know how to work a B3 - it would be very hard to go back to a 44 !!

Please let me know more about the 119, if you get hold of more data/experience!

Best Regards,

Thomas, 3top,

PS: My favorite long liner is the K32 - I hope to get a chance in one some day!

Last edited by 3top; 13th Dec 2009 at 13:23.