PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sick bags
Thread: Sick bags
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 18:42
Romeo Romeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick bags

I was reading the recent posts about what people had in their flightbags and one thing which I noticed was AerBabe's post about the sick bags she had.
10 airsick bags - 8 from Iberia, 2 from Virgin Atlantic
Now I nick 'um as well! Flying is too expensive without going around buying items such as sickbags which over the years could end up costing you a pound or two. My question is about sickbag nicking etiquette. Do you steal them at the start of the flight (that way you know they're empty) or do you get them at the end and how many is it acceptable to nick, anyway? I wonder if the other passengers think 'Oooh, that poor soul - they must suffer terribly from airsickness'

Wherever you get them from it's important to have one though. On one of my first flights with my (now ex, hmmm, I wonder why) girlfriend she started to feel 'unwell', so I told her that if she was going to be sick, she should 'throw-up in the bag', however in a noisy C150, that sounds very much like 'throw-up in the back'. I'm glad it was a club aircraft not mine and I feel so sorry for the person who flew it after me!