PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS imposter rumbled
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 13:09
Dual ground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ November 4 Google Army Act 1955 Part 197 and:-

197. Unauthorised use of and dealing in decorations, etc. — (1) Any person who, in the United Kingdom or in any colony,—
(a)
without authority uses or wears any military decoration, or any badge, wound stripe or emblem supplied or authorised by [F18the Defence Council], or
(b)
uses or wears any decoration, badge, wound stripe, or emblem so nearly resembling any militarydecoration, or any such badge, stripe or emblem as aforesaid, as to be calculated to deceive, or
(c)
falsely represents himself to be a person who is or has been entitled to use or wear any such decoration, badge, stripe or emblem as is mentioned in paragraph (a) of this subsection,
shall be guilty of an offence against this section:
Provided that nothing in this subsection shall prohibit the use or wearing of ordinary regimental badges or of brooches or ornaments representing them.

(2) Any person who purchases or takes in pawn any naval, military or air-force decoration awarded to anymember of Her Majesty’s military forces, or solicits or procures any person to sell or pledge any suchdecoration, or acts for any person in the sale or pledging thereof, shall be guilty of an offence againstthis section unless he proves that at the time of the alleged offence the person to whom the decoration wasawarded was dead or had ceased to be a member of those forces.
(3) Any person guilty of an offence against this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a finenot exceeding [F19level 3 on the standard scale] or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or to both such a fine and such imprisonment.
Annotations:
Amendments (Textual)
F18
Words substituted by S.I. 1964/488, Sch. 1 Pt. I
F19
Words substituted by virtue of (E.W.) Criminal Justice Act 1982 (c. 48, SIF 39:1), ss.38, 46 and (S.) Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975 (c. 21, SIF 39:1), ss. 289F, 289G and (N.I.) S.I.1984/703 (N.I.3), arts. 5, 6