PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 12:42
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont even start the creap about DSA having a better catchment area than EMA, dont get me wrong i hope it works at DSA but if not they WILL pull out with little else to come back on....
Pug; I think you are right here. Easyjet have experience albeit on one route from DSA and if it was delivering the return it would never have been axed. (easyjet switzerland).

Easyjet have clearly been encouraged to operate from DSA by way of some overall deal, and the fact that they are basing and aircraft but not a base means that a exits strategy exists if it is needed.

The groups of airports in the UK dont seem to do an awful lots in terms of encouraging their operators to use many of the airports in the group.

Infratil;
They havent been able to persuade Ryanair to operate from Manston yet Ryanair have big enough base at Prestwick.

Peel Airports;
Liverpool, Durham Tees and Doncaster Sheffield. Now Easyjet are looking at another airport in the group of Peel airports. But as far as I can see there are no other examples here within this airport group of airlines setting up shop at the other airports.

Tbi/Abertis;
London Luton, Cardiff & Belfast International Skavsta Stockholm. ok Easyjet have long standing bases at Luton and Belfast, but Ryanair couldnt get a deal going with Cardiff despite their base at Luton and their operation at Skavsta. These individual airports must operate quite independently.

Copenhagen Airport owns Newcastle airport? But this hasnt been enough to attract easyjet to do a base at CPH?

What does anyone else think? Are there opportunities for the airport groups to persuade there based airlines to look at other airports within their group as in the case of Easyjet at DSA?

MAG airports own EMA, BOH & MAN and Ryanair are big at EMA but cant get he deal at MAN..!!!

EI-BUD