PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rottnest Day Trip
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2009, 02:27
Capt L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

I've spent many a day over at Rotto!! The Quokkas at the airport are the friendliest, you'll get some cute photos out there. The pies from the Bakery are the best in OZ so make sure you get down ther for lunch, might have to queue for a bit though. Take snorkels over with you, the Leeuwin Current means there are more fish out on Rotto than the mainland. I always like The Basin for swimming and you can easily walk there. If you do get the air taxi over go down to the pub for a beer before you leave, awesome view back over to Perth from the beer garden! You'll have a great time over there, just thinking about it is making me miss the place!!

As for hiring an aircraft, I would imagine most schools will hire to you after you've done a checkride. You'll probably have a minimum hire time depending on if you go for half or whole day. Just call or email around to get a feel for things and see what they would want you to do.

I'll sign off by saying JUST DO IT!! It doesn't matter how you get there you have an awesome time!! Have Fun!!