PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A400M first flight
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 17:46
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
And the good old BBC totally ignored the event. Not a word on the lunchtime news. Are we surprised?
Actually, kenparry, I have been trying for the last three days to persuade the (national) Beeb to take an interest. I was planning to go myself (I went to the A380 maiden flight, it was fantastic) - but when I couldn't generate even a spark of beeb interest, I decided I couldn't really justify going to Seville at short notice and at my own expense.

However, I did badger News Channel again this morning, and eventually sent them the Airbus Mil presser, along with the Airbus streaming video url. They then realised they might take an interest, which was how they eventually got it on News Channel.

Quite depressing really - initially, they didn't even go for the idea that the captain is a Brit, and the wings are all made at Filton.

This was all despite much support from the excellent Defence Correspondent Caroline Wyatt, who was unfortunately in Germany with NATO this week.

Oh well.

I do agree, Jig Peter, about the live streaming from Airbus - very high quality, and the next best thing to actually being there. No free Airbus champagne, of course, which I'm sure those present will have got....

airsound