PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Dec 2009, 17:31
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Callsign Kilos post pretty much blows any of beakys arguments out of the water. Paid a premium to go to OAA to have a few doors opened but it backfired.

Beaky - If you are a an unemployed 737 driver from XL, all the best and good luck. Only thing I can suggest is you head south to the jungle or desert - like many of your XL colleagues - get yourself a 1000hrs total and return to Europe when the market picks up. Thats what I and many others had to do a few years ago. I'm sure you will come back with some interesting CRM stories Sadly also today many redundancies at TFly announced and many of them experenced 737 drivers.

airbusfreak

Not much newbee training going on at the moment, however, since the base freeze ended in August there have been lots of command upgrades and a steady stream of F/O's promoted to SFI's which ultimately makes room for those at the bottom of the ladder. Recruitment of direct entry captains also continues. The RYR website NEWS section is always a good source of information. Extra aircraft announced for LPL, BRS, ALC, CRL, etc, new routes and now a base in Norway. PAX loads remain good, especially flights between UK and Ireland - as always. Hopefully this should offer some hope to those starting out - if your prepared to accept the terms and conditions: