PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new campaign "One Common Cause"
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 15:20
Hitback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Blues fail to support injured

The shocking truth is: The Covservative Party believe they are the Government of the Day and are showing their true colours. I listened to Wil Hague MP- last night on QT stating his party supported our armed forces and their families. That there is a need for deployment and to stay the course in Afganistan. But he failed to say how they'er going to support our injured serviceman! There is only one signature from the Conservative Party on the EDM, list below. I know there have been double figures sent to Conservative MPs , PM's sent and confirmation on the sites by users.

Please keep emailing your MP's and also call their office in London. Use this search engine to attain their London number. www.parliament.uk/mpsl...ndoffices/

The list of MPs that have signed.
http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDe...px?EDMID=39921

I have sent letters emails and phoned my MP's office and left messages, I also met with her last October to explain the need for this issue to be addressed. She agreed at the time but know fails to reply to my request to support EDM 361. My MP has been on the news several times talking about suicide watch for MP's when the news broke about the expenses scandal....She has two military location in her constituency but fails to support those that get injured and Medically Discharged from their employment.

This campaign is about supporting our injured soldiers, airmen and sailors when being Medically Discharged from the services. My reason for stating this is simple, this is not about attacking one party over another but ensuring they commit to changing the present MD system.

I would have to say the only reason for the lack of support by the Conservative Party is; the party whip and Mr Cameron must of told them not to support EDM 361- they believe they will have to back up the signatures if they win the next election.

Why wouldn't any political party back better care for our injured troops and their families?