PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 14:18
WHBM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Some may have seen my comment on the CityJet page about being bumped from the Edinburgh flight due to overbooking. Recession, what recession ? Well, I suppose it had to happen to me one day ...... in the end the day return trip was no longer worthwhile, waiting for the next flight, so I cancelled the whole thing and will need to try again next week.

One issue, coming back to the car park payment machines, the car park is divided into two, the short term area nearest the terminal has rates for an hour or two, then becomes ruinous, while the one further away, where I am parked of course, is for longer term, but doesn't have anything less than a rate of £14 for 12 hours, even though I have only been there an hour.

Here comes the upside. Go to the info desk and describe this, show my Denied Boarding Compensation receipt etc, and they give me a car park exit ticket for free, along with an apology for the situation I was in even though it was nothing to do with the airport operator. Thank you. Just shows that LCY is still run like a proper customer-facing business. You just try that at Heathrow !