PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 11:08
HakunaMatata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m trying to get an angle here. Someone help me. There was never any Ozzie participation in Bahrains National Day celebrations when little JH was around. I don’t recall The Swiss ever taking any part when D an N were around. Today we have a brotherly display by the Royal Jordanian Aerobatic chaps followed tomorrow by two days of rousing music by the Jordanian Armed Forces band. My question being why after a million years has Jordan suddenly become so friendly with Bahrain? Will the next brotherly gesture be the arrival of a squadron of those horrible little third world aeroplanes flown by our Jordanian counterparts to help in the turn around of poor old Gulf Air. Me thinks it won’t be a gesture though. More like a Wet Lease. Look on the bright side though. They can do all the Iraq flights seeing as they are the acknowledged experts on the area and will have less seats to fill and therefore be far more efficient on the low yield sectors. This leads me to another question that baffles me. If a certain sector flies full, dump it. Another sector flies damn near empty. No problems put a little aeroplane on it. At the rate Gulf Air is going they’ll be flying Cessna 150s everywhere and all the new cadet pilots can do the work.