PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities behind selling block-hours
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2009, 10:48
Blue Albatross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helpful DGAC

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to thank you all for your help. Very useful advice and things to consider, especially from IO540.

I rang the French DGAC yesterday and surprisingly got through to some very friendly and helpful English speaking department heads.

As far as the French are concerned, they don't care if I rent out the plane to another PPL, or for how much, as long as it's insured and that the PPL who's flying does not carry "fare paying passengers" which is pretty much what I expected.

However, they could not tell me what would happen if the pilot was found to be carrying fare paying passengers (sans myself being present) if I would be liable to prosecution or not. So they've given me the contact details of the relevant department and I have written them a letter to clarify.

On the Dutch side, things are not so easy (as expected). Nobody in the IVW (Dutch equivalent to DGAC) could tell me they were the right person to inform me about this subject matter, and they also mentioned the Belastingdiesnt (Dutch Tax Authorities) requirement to be informed of any "revenue generating activity" so, it seems from the Dutch end, they've scuppered my plans.

@Backpacker.....I'll give Bert a shout and see what he can advise

Will inform you all the on the final outcome once I get all the relevant information from the authorities.