PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Level Aerobatics
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 12:24
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poetpilot, I have no desire to become embroiled in an arguement, you are quite entitled to your opinions, however I thought that I ought to point out that the BAeA (British Aerobatic Association) competitions have set minimum heights for different categories.

The hard deck for beginner competitors is 1 500'

The hard deck for Standard is 1 000'

Intermediate I believe is 800 and Advanced 600.

This years std sequence starts with a 45 degree climb and is followed by a one and a half turn spin. The spin exit should be vertical before pulling to level NO LOWER THAN 1 000'.

The gent in question may be an ar** but could equally well be a current display pilot or competitor.

If you do not feel comfortable aerobatting at less than 4 thou, fine, don't BUT imposing that height restriction on others when competitions are flown down to a few hundred feet is rather asinine.

Pulse1 - 250 meteres is very very short. I can consistently get the Pitts down and stopped in 250/300 metres but wouldn't want to put it down if there was ONLY 250. A friend's strip is 400 metres and that is challenging especially in no wind conditions.

The gradient may or not be an issue - most of the private strips that I have been to have not been "flat" but generally the grass is rolled and smoothe!

Soggy fields can be drained - ditches can be piped, hedges and other obstructions can sometimes be moved! Two fields can become one! lots of ways of doing it if the will is there.

Stik