PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL to 747-400
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 11:12
NOODY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"waving cheerio for a week twice a month IS incompatible with marriage and family life"

sorry old boy thought that sounded more like a statement than an attempt to explore the issue. rather difficult to hold this opinoin as fact until you've tried it i would have thought.

if you want to start a thread about the relative lifestyle merits of s/h gucci style (ba), s/h no frills style (from a crew perspective) and l/h i would be very interested in hearing what was said and may prove very useful for wannabes trying to pick a path.

mjr.

mate i wish you well but i would guess your chances off getting onto the big fella out of flight school are almost zero. i've must agree with www that the best plan would be to get your atpl asap flying multi sectors with whoever will pay for you rating and then apply to ba/virgin when we a) all get sacked when we strike or b)the companys realise that not recruting for a year means we face a huge pilot shortage within the next 2 years.

good luck.

alphacharlie

can you read mate. capt airclues and myself both work for a company that does let fatpl pilots fly etops. we've both posted why. we are not making it up.

noody.