PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Safety Australia magazine. A plea for plain English language
Old 10th Dec 2009, 12:41
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
But, these sorts of things (minus some editorialising) are already covered in ATSB incident/crash reports available online, yeah?
Fine if you are happy to spend your time glued all hunch back to a computer screen. Personally I prefer to sit in an armchair with my feet on the dog/cat and sit back and enjoy reading the magazine while occasionally pausing to make myself a cuppa.

The ATSB reports are sanitised to the nth degree and are carefully vetted by the legal eagles. Lots of reference to "Significant factors" leaving the reader to assess for himself the cause of the accident. In marked contrast, Mac Job's ASD magazines were completely different in style and there was no beating about the bush. In other words, you could picture the scene because of Mac Job's fine way with words. There is simply no contest between the two magazines - Air Safety Digest was light years ahead of the current CASA flight safety mag.

Regretfully I can't see any changes happening in the near future, especially as the current mag is driven by advertising revenue.