PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2009, 10:38
cameltoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting nervous

I too would love any info on any more reliable contractors. I have a tentative interview set up with Shenzhen but the threads I have read are making me nervous. I do hear good things about Sichuan (sic) in Chengdu represented by VORholdings, and I hear Global Aviation does a good job but I am not sure who they represent. As far as my own experience with contractors they seem to be peas-in-a-pod. I am currently serving time in the middle east and of of the three contractors the bulk of the pilot group works with its all about the same. They do a pretty good job of getting you as far as the interview, but once there you are pretty much on your own. You don't get paid, company says they sent money, after several days, the contractor accidentally picks up the phone, comes up with some cosmic BS excuse of why you have not been paid yet. Or the new favorite here, we were ALL told you would do training during on rotation,,,,but for the last year we do our 6 weeks and then get to go to training. And now the latest twist. The contractor for the training is pissed at the company, the solution, fail all the expats, so the company has to pay for more sim. time. Now the company has come out and said if this happens your not allowed to go home, but must stay and do the recheck. This means your 3 week home just got cut to a week.
So, again, if anybody feels good about standing up for one of the Asian contractors I'd like to know. My family cannot deal with separation any more and I am not bringing them to the kingdom, so the Far East it has to be. BTY can you join Shenzhen direct?