PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avoiding Action: what do ATC assume?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 10:43
Plane*jane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little late in returning to the thread because I was training on a new type. I wanted to thank all contributors for fantastic response. I am certainly much more confident and will be taking it up with our company. As CRMI I need to be sure of my facts as well. If nothing else it has raised a point of assumptions made by pilots and ATC.
Findo didn't mean to snap, but the irresponsibility of some on reporting points can trivialise what to me was a very serious point. Hopefully Capt Pprunes STICKY will clean the forum up a bit. My apologies, no harm meant

A further point arising is that does the separation account for wake turbulence, ie if the 5nm clearance was between 2 heavies would that be a further consideration. Blip driving at LATCC we most certainly sent 747 on more than rate one turns for avoidance, as anything less with the speed involved would have made an even bigger turning circle and collision. Of course no idea what the g force would have been, but pop up traffic or human error will always be with us so we need to be sure what is expected by both parties. Hopefully few of us will encounter this.
Thanks to all and ATC always get my vote. It's those lovely friendly voices!