PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Level Aerobatics
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 09:10
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only rule that applies in uncontrolled airspace is the 500' rule. To break thi rule, you need a waiver in the form of a DA

Perhaps not bad airmanship as much as bad publicity. Should he put a strip down, any antics that draw attention to him/it/aircraft using it will very quickly cause him problems.

In what way do you determine that the land is unsuitable for putting a strip down?

I don't aerobat at home and get very annoyed at folk who make a grand entrance. I have only one neighbour who is prone to complain and it really upsets me that somebody else could be responsible for winding her up to the point wherer she phones me.

"Mr Stik, I am so worried and so frightened, one of your friends has been looping the loop right above my house, I'm afraid he'll crash into the garden, etc, etc.... I know it wasn't you but it was the same type of aeroplane only yellow."

I don't need the aggro and neither will your new neighbour - so you may feel that a quiet word with him would be best for all concerned.

And if he does lay a strip, you may be invited to use it, too!

Aerobatics are great fun but I have yet to feel the need to do anything lower than 1 000' (intentionally!). I also vary my practice areas each flight to minimise the noise nuisance. It amazes me that I can hear an aeroplane flying S&L a couple of miles away and be able to totally ignmore it - however if it is 3 or 4 miles away and aerobatting, the noise is quite distinctive!

Stik