PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Dec 2009, 21:38
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigEddie
I am 27 years old and have decided to apply to the RAF; I've thought about it on and off since finishing Uni in 2005 but due to one thing or another I have put it off.
That hardly demonstrates burning ambition and a single minded application.

As WSOp is a non-commissioned role what are the advantages and disadvantages of commissioned against non-commissioned roles? What am I missing out on and should the role take proirty over the fact it not a commissioned role?
More people can b*gg*r you around otoh you have less responsibility - less, but not none!

Am I correct in thinking that without doing a different role I couldn't get promoted to an officer
There will be opportunities especially for people with suitable aptitude and skills. Usually however a serving airman will serve for a few years before being considered suitable for a commission.

Secondly is the selection process as rigerous for WSOp as it is for Pilot or WSO and does anyone have any stats on pass rates for OASC?
Arguably the process is more rigorous than the commissioned route.