PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Dec 2009, 20:08
BigEddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some questions...

Hi Guys,

I've got a few wannabe questions that hopefully someone can help me with:

I am 27 years old and have decided to apply to the RAF; I've thought about it on and off since finishing Uni in 2005 but due to one thing or another I have put it off. I am now in a position to go for it but due to my age I can not apply for WSO but this doesn't bother me as I am very keen on WSOp (Crewman). However I always thought if I applied to the RAF it would be for a commissioned role.

My first question is this: As WSOp is a non-commissioned role what are the advantages and disadvantages of commissioned against non-commissioned roles? What am I missing out on and should the role take proirty over the fact it not a commissioned role? Am I correct in thinking that without doing a different role I couldn't get promoted to an officer

Secondly is the selection process as rigerous for WSOp as it is for Pilot or WSO and does anyone have any stats on pass rates for OASC?

Thirdly what is the best source of information (apart from the usual sources) for the role of WSOp and are there any recommended books to read in prep for the selection process?

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Ed