PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppesen Charts training
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2009, 19:12
aflyer100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printing from Jeppview

I also print to a PDF converter. This is the only way that will pretty much always work. If you want to be more adventurous here are a couple of things that might work depending on the hotel:

1. Some hotels advertise a printer on the network. If so, you could use your Printers/Add printer feature to connect to it and print directly over the hotel network.

2, Most (but not all) printers are either PCL or Postscript. If you install a generic PCL (HP) printer driver, for example, and don't use any fancy features (such as duplex printing), you might be able to unplug the local printer from your notebook and plug it into your computer. This is iffy since there are som many combinations so I wouldn't depend on it.

3. (This requires extended access to the hotel computer and I wouldn't really recommend it since if anything goes wrong it could mess up one of your JeppView licenses) You could install Jeppview on the hotel computer (disk space permitting), activate it, updateit, print your charts, and then deactivate it (removing your license). JeppView includes a number of licenses (I believe 3) partly to support the idea of needing additional computers to use as an EFB or print computer. Of course we JV users know that it takes forever to update the charts and the potential for something going wrong and permenently consuming one of your licenses would make me think this option isn't very workable.

All-in-all, I don't think the PDF route is very cumbersome and it should always work. I've settled for that and while I have the extra step of moving the files from my computer to the hotel system, I don't really have to worry about all of the other possible variables.