PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Level Aerobatics
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 08:07
pulse1

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Low Level Aerobatics

The other evening I enjoyed watching some low level aerobatics right over my house. I cannot be sure of the height but, with Class D airspace beginning at 2000' I would have guessed he was at between 1000' and 2000'. He did not break the 500' rule.

When I checked on the G INFO website I found that the aircraft was owned by my new neighbour whom I have not yet met. There is a rumour that he intends to operate this aircraft from his new land which is far from flat and would appear to be totally unsuitable but, if he does, this could turn out to be regular entertainment.

My problem is that some of my neighbours assumed that it was me and asked me what are the rules for low level aerobatics. I had to confess that I was not sure although I am pretty sure that it was bad airmanship. The area is not a built up area in the legal sense but there are quite a lot of houses. I do circle my house from time to time below 1500' but well above 500'.

If he does it again( or when I do meet him) I will have a quiet word with him but is there any action which my other neighbours could take against him?